If you have applied for our Documentary Photography degree in Cardiff, you will be asked to take part in an interview before we can make you an offer.
This may seem like a daunting process, but it's a good opportunity for you to present yourself in the best way, and meet the course tutors to discuss the course in more detail.
Th Documentary Photography degree is practical, and is all about honing and developing your skills where you will become a professional in your field. The following are top tips to note for your interview:
- Bring a portfolio of 20 of your strongest images.
- Make sure your portfolio is specific to your area of interest that you want to take forward.
- Show a passion, interest and understanding in your portfolio with a clear reason as to why you have chosen to produce your work.
- Demonstrate an understanding in what ‘documentary’ means in your chosen field.
- Be able to articulate interest in the world you live in – what issues or observations do you have and how do you show these through your photography?
- Come with ideas about where you see yourself at the end of your studies. What are your ambitions, how do you want to use photography as a career?
- If you don’t have a portfolio, make sure you know why you are going for your interview, show an active interest and knowledge in documentary photography and where you want to go with it.
Find out more about our Documentary Photography course on Twitter and Instagram.