David has travelled the world with his MBA qualification

David Parker MBA

David Parker studied Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from 1998-99. He will be taking up the role of Executive Director with the Bahrain Economic Development Board later this year.

“I currently work as Commercial Director at Oxford Intelligence Ltd but will shortly be relocating to the Middle East as my part of my new role with the Bahrain Economic Development Board. My task will be to target inward investment into Bahrain with a particular focus on financial services and technology.

At Oxford Intelligence Ltd I was working as an inward investment specialist connecting locations worldwide with growth businesses. Before that, I was at Invest HK, where I was responsible for the promotion of Hong Kong as a business destination, attracting foreign direct investment to Hong Kong and supporting inward investors from start-ups to corporates to set up and expand their business operations there. 

My study at USW developed my understanding of business and management on a much deeper level and allowed me to test theories in an international context.

While I didn’t appreciate it enough at the time, on reflection, Treforest’s setting just north of the heart of the Taff Valley – on a clear and sunny day the outlook was panoramic! I loved its campus style with the library as its beating heart. Everything about it oozed ‘learning’.

In my career, I relish every challenge that comes my way, as Steve Jobs put it - "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do."

Follow David at @DParkerIIP