Tim is Head of Design and Technology at St Julian's

Tim_Hemmings_-_Secondary_Teaching

Tim Hemmings, a graduate of the BSc (Hons) Secondary Design and Technology with QTS course, is Head of Design and Technology at St Julian's School, Newport

"I would recommend the teacher training course at USW and would say to anyone thinking about teaching to go for it.

The rewards are good (and so are the holidays!) and you will receive excellent support at the University!

The support and training I received from the University (and at Gordano School, where I was for four years before moving to St Julian's) helped me to quickly move to a head of department role.

Alongside my teaching role, I mentor teaching students on placement from USW. I really enjoy working with the students. As a school, we like to see the new ideas and teaching approaches that students bring to the classroom and I love to watch them develop their skills into becoming great teachers.

We recently employed a USW teaching graduate as a technology teacher at St Julian's  and it was in part due to the excellent training I knew she received from Alan and the team at USW."