- Successful completion of one year of Higher Education (120 HE credits at Level 4) in a related subject. If your HE credits are not in a related subject, your application may still be considered if you hold Level 3 qualifications in a related subject.
- Five GCSEs which should include B grades in Mathematics and English Language (or equivalent qualifications) See equivalence guidelines
- One week observation in a primary school and one week in a secondary school. This may be completed before or after the interview. See secondary school observation forms and guidance
- Enhanced DBS check.
- An interview is required for this course.
- Successful completion of literacy and numeracy tests at interview.
- Successful completion of the Certificate of Higher Education Introduction to Secondary Teaching course with 120 HE credits meets these entry requirements.
*If you wish to apply for the course and currently hold GCSE C grades in Mathematics and/or English, you may apply to study the new B grade equivalence modules available at the university. Further information available at B grades at GCSE for English and Mathematics
Information for Applicants
This guidance will assist you as you prepare to apply for teaching courses at the University of South Wales.